Hey everyone, just in case you were wondering, our great Wholeness group is on hiatus until September, as everyone gets through vacation and other things first. We’ll meet on September 12 and 26 to get things going again and continue our reading and growth of Gerald May’s Addiction & Grace. See you then!
Tag Archives: september
I’m excited about our September sermon series called STRETCHING.
Regardless of political affiliation, spiritual background, occupation, or age, most people understand that our world is changing, and each year, we face new kinds of questions that challenge not just our intellects but also our faith. Some of these questions may be easier than others to answer, but most challenge us to our core. What about my friend who is fundamentally a good person but has only been hurt by the Christian faith? Why does my country keep waging wars on other nations? Why are so many black young men incarcerated? Why are we stuck in an endless loop of political bickering when larger problems loom for our world?
We may have heard answers to these questions. We may know where we stand… but we may not. We also may not understand that the Bible, though wielded as an instrument of judgment by a lot of folks, may offer completely different answers than we think. This is a series to discover some of those answers. And though we may disagree, by stretching deeply around these issues, we may be more prepared to love others as God loves us.
Here’s a preview:
September 11 – Deep Wounds
Finding healing and hope in times of war
September 18 – Open & Affirming
Understanding God’s gift of sexuality
September 25 – Finding Reconciliation
Living for reconciliation in a diverse world
October 2 – A Universal God
Is God bigger than one people or one tradition?
October 9 – Real Conversations
Learning how to agree to disagree
Stay tuned for more updates as this great new conversation unfolds, beginning September 11.
Leave a comment | tags: bible, changing world, controversy, east dallas, east dallas christian church, god, healing, hope, hot topics, jesus, judgment, learning how to agree to disagree, love, message, october, political bickering, reconciliation, scripture, september, series, sermon series, sexuality, spiritual stretching, stretching, the table, war | posted in Upcoming Events, Words, Worship Guides
Meet the Table.
You are invited to check out the Table! We are a diverse community of followers of Jesus in East Dallas who seek to grow closer to God and make a difference in our world.
- We worship together at 9:30 AM every Sunday morning.
- Our pub ministry meets every Tuesday night.
- Come as you are. Worship as you feel comfortable.
- Enjoy coffee and donuts before our gathering time.
- We have a great nursery and activities for the kids.
- Questions and new ideas are welcome.
- This Week @ TableDallas.org - 12/07/2012 - eepurl.com/sIJzr - 5 months ago
- This Week @ TableDallas.org - 11/16/2012 - eepurl.com/rTjN1 - 6 months ago
- This Week @ TableDallas.org - 09/28/2012 - eepurl.com/p2FGv - 7 months ago
- We Call Ourselves Disciples - latest sermon by Rev. Deborah @edcc #ccdoc wp.me/pK2Ky-mN - 7 months ago
- Can you use me? A good question that Willie poses to God... and we all ask, right? #ccdoc wp.me/pK2Ky-mK - 7 months ago
Tagsbalance bible church community compassion conversation dallas discussion east dallas east dallas christian church easter edcc faith faith in the city family fun giving god healing hope jesus life love message music nathan hill neighborhood peace pizza prayer pub ministry pub night questions sermon sermon series spirituality sunday support table the table video welcome work worship youtube